This half-day organized by the Cité du design-Esadse in cooperation with National Association of Higher Schools of Art (ANdÉA) aims to demonstrate that the New European Bauhaus initiative is a European and a global opportunity to strengthen links between research, education, companies and networks, and to support them to move towards positive dynamics and to use design as a driver of transformation.
The first conclusions of the co-design phase of the NEB initiative show that education and lifelong learning are the bases for the transformation. Moreover, “learning by doing”, method applied in artistic higher education institutions, is key to imagine and prototype new solutions.
10:00 - 10:30 CET
Introduction: Isabelle Vérilhac, International Affairs and Innovation Director, Alice Brunot, Partnerships and European Porgrammes Officer
Keynote: Vera Winthagen, Policy Analyst, JRC, New European Bauhaus Team
Round Table: Instruments of the New European Bauhaus
10:30- 11:15 CET
The New European Bauhaus initiative activates EU fundinginstruments to support the transformation of education addressing challenges ofthe Green Deal, and to build a sustainable, beautiful and inclusive world.
Animation by Pascal Brunet, Director of the Relais Culture Europe
- Presentation « Places of Learning » - Vera Winthagen, Policy Analyst, JRC, New European Bauhaus Team
- Focus Creative Europe & NEB - Maria Chiara Esposito, EAC/DI Cultural Policy Unit, European Commission
- Focus Erasmus + - Annabel Villiers-Cools, technical Councelor in charge of Culture at the Erasmus + France Agency
- Focus Horizon Europe - Margot Burident, Member of Point Contact National Cluster 2, Creativity and Social Insclusion, Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation France, Delegation for European and International Affairs, Department for the Support of ESR Operators
- Eurofabrique - Amel Nafti, co-president of ANdEA & Rodolphe Dogniaux, teacher at the Esadse & Alexandra Muresan, teacher at the UAD Cluj, Roumanie + students of the UAD and the Esadse
* Discover the Performance of the Project at the Carrefour d'expérience after the conference
- Le Monde sinon rien, The Bauhaus of the Living - Sophie Pène, teacher, Université de Paris, cocurator of the exhibition with Benjamin Graindorge, Esadse & Chetan Kumar Velumurugan, PhD Candidate, Systems Engineering and Evolution Dynamics (SEED) Lab, Learning Planet Institute (LPI)
Table ronde 2: Collaboration with and between networks
How cross-disciplinary projects are facilitated by the actionsof European networks and beyond.
New horizons emerging through connecting these networks togetherfor a wider global community.
- Animation Alok Nandi, designer author &director, Past President IxDA
- Eija Salmi, Secretary General, CUMULUS
- David Kusama, President, World Design Organisation
- Brigitte Trousse, Council member, ENoLL
- Sami Niemela, Director, Board of Directors, IxDA
- Isabelle Vérilhac, President, BEDA
- Marie-Haude Caraës, Administrator and NEB working group Officer, ANdEA
- Pascal Brunet, Director of the Relais Culture Europe
Presentation of NEB Lab, Vera Winthagen, Policy Analyst, JRC, New European Bauhaus Team
12:30 - 12:45
Presentation of the EU project proposal, Horizon Europe Heritage NEB Call, sent by the Cité du design-Esadse in cooperation with 7 Higher education institutions and 6 UNESCO Creative Cities of Design.